After some online research and video watching it was just a few clicks more to have a stencil tool sent.
A lighter touch is needed but how great to have a complete image to use for cutting appliqués. An emery board will take care of the rough edges. I traced the image onto my Mylar with a sharpie and placed an 11×14 bit of glass over a cutting mat to protect it. Got a little fume-y in the sunroom but I think that was from going too slowly.
Away to test my new airbrush tool (as recommended on the AC site) in the garage.
I wish I was brave enough to do it.
‘Cut the top to tunic length then add a waistband as needed on the skirt’ thought I.
Now that my creation has served its purpose it deserves to move on. Got no garden parties, weddings et al on my summer schedule. I don’t need this as is any more.
I could stencil and reverse appliqué the top so that it could be reassembled for a dress ‘look’.
Or make a top in the reverse color scheme.
This shouldn’t be so hard!!! Measure twice, then cut!
Tomorrow. I’ll do it tomorrow.
I made a good stab at emptying the mending and small refashions box today: taking in Ts, mending a pair of capris, reducing a pair of handkerchiefs that I was told were too large (?) and putting pockets on a refashioned apron that was too short so also needed length.
Purple linen bought in Shenzhen and a recycled flowery ‘Daisy May’ type top furnished the scraps for the additions to a recycled tartan dress bought during the early days of our two years in Hong Kong when I discovered most of my summer clothes were still too warm for that climate.
Slowly but surely I’ve been taking apart clothes from that time if I still like the color and print and weight of the fabric. There’s enough now for a tub swap!
I guess next time I’m tucked away in the craft room I’ll play match the pattern to the fabric so I can get going on some new hot weather clothes for a St. John AVI trip at the end of the year. Sure don’t need clothes like that here at home at present. We’ve had our three days of summer….
Certainly felling one’s seams is easier to do pre-construction but I wanted one last fitting before committing.
I’ve only myself to blame. I made a mock. I should trust years and years (and years) of experience. It’s another day of fiddly work on the cards.
No wonder I feel a bit like the kestrel chicks on my family’s farm! These wee things and their three siblings were carefully measured and weighed a few days ago. (They sort of ‘play dead’ when the folk involved in the kestrel project visit to check the boxes dotted about the orchard).
No chicks were harmed in the taking of this photo!
It’s a lot more fun to work on the hat design this afternoon in the sunroom….
Perhaps I need to look through the three USPC (unusually shaped purse collection) boxes up in the loft.